Microarc oxidation composite treatment of magnesium alloy
The MCC production line of magnesium, aluminum and titanium alloy surface micro-arc oxidation electrophoresis jointly built by the company and relevant domestic scientific research universities can greatly improve the corrosion resistance, insulation and abrasion resistance of materials, fill the gaps in the industry, fundamentally solve the problems in the application of alloy materials, and the product quality reaches the international advanced level of similar products
1) substantially improve the surface hardness of the material can be comparable to hard alloy.
2) it can make magnesium, aluminum and titanium alloy materials have good wear resistance, heat resistance, corrosion resistance and insulation properties.
3) the heat sink series of magnesium alloy LED lamps treated with micro-arc oxidation have the inherent characteristics of light weight, good heat dissipation and strong corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance.
4) magnesium alloy display boxes. Most of the boxes on the market are made of steel plate bending and aluminum alloy die-casting. Now, our company adopts MCC treated magnesium alloy materials for die-casting, which is characterized by light weight, good heat dissipation performance, corrosion resistance and good steeliness.
Micro-arc oxidation is an electrolyte in which aluminum and magnesium alloy samples are placed in an environment of pulsed electric field. Micro-arc discharge occurs on the surface energy of the sample due to the action of terminal voltage. The high temperature and high pressure conditions generated enable the aluminum and magnesium atoms in the micro-area to combine with the activated oxidation ions in the solution to form an oxidation layer with ceramic structure characteristics.
1) the film layer is formed at the moment of discharge, which is combined with the substrate for metallurgy. The binding force of the film layer shall not be affected by the oxide scale (film) on the surface of the product, and it is unnecessary to carry out pre-cleaning treatment such as washing and alkali washing.
2) micron blind holes are distributed on the surface of the film layer, which can be combined with electrophoresis, electrostatic spraying and other coating processes to prepare composite coating;
3) the surface of the film layer is dense without perforation, which can solve the connection (couple) corrosion, atmospheric corrosion, high-temperature corrosion and the replacement of aluminum cylinder body electroplating hard chromium, etc.;
4) the film layer is composed of matrix metal and oxygen, which can be obtained by solution electrolysis or atmospheric dissolution. The formation of the film layer has no material cost.
Market prospect of micro-arc composite processing technology
1. National defense and military industry and aerospace
FIG. 1 aluminum alloy blades of the landing ship treated with MAO (salt spray test exceeding 1000h, which can meet the anti-corrosion requirements of the Marine environment)
2.Internal combustion engine system
FIG. 2 MAO treatment of inner wall and piston of aluminum alloy gasoline engine (replacing electroplated chromium to completely solve pollution emission problem)
3. The car industry
FIG. 3 MCC treatment of magnesium alloy for auto parts
4. Electronic products
FIG. 4 magnesium alloy MCC processing electronic product enclosure
Improvement: replace the traditional surface treatment technology of aluminum, magnesium, titanium alloy, such as plasma and hot ceramic spraying, chromium plating, hard anodizing, nickel plating, emery coating, chrome lamp traditional process
Promotion: MAO or MCC process is applied to light alloy workpiece to improve performance and lay a foundation for replacing traditional materials such as steel and cast iron.